We’re a small start-up focused on developing some privacy related software tools for companies to use. We have a number of tools in various stages of development, including a privacy notice generator, a privacy risk assessment tool and a privacy by design assistance tool. We also run a Wiki devoted to privacy at wiki.enterprivacy.com. In addition, the company provides training and is working on a certification program for organizations. The tools may ultimately help companies get certified or have us manage the certification.
As the primary product manager, you’ll manage and grow our three current software development tools. Working on this offering will expose you to all aspects of the discipline: from defining the positioning, to designing the partnership strategy to ensuring a best in class delivery on the front-end and the backend alike, all the while learning and adhering to the company’s privacy by design approach.
This a part-time 1099 contract role (~20 hours per week at start) with eventual potential to become full-time as the products and company grow. You will work remotely, on your own, and must have a computer and internet access.
1) You will be expected to attend a 6 week training course on Privacy by Design from July to August, Successful completion of this course is imperative. Expect to spend about 5 hours per week attending the course.
2) The job will start out slowly about 10-20 hours per week but will ramp up especially as the market and sales ramp up.
- Research and understanding the markets of our products and the needs of our customers, including capturing requirements and interest/demand for features.
- Developing the roadmap and manage development and growth of the products, including managing the primary software developer on scope of work and mainlining time lines
- Triaging feature priority to ensure orderly development in line with market interests.
- Work to ensure marketing and sales campaigns properly characterize product capabilities, user benefits, etc.
- Help address sales questions and customer discussions
- Excellent professional English language skills
- Strong written and spoken communication
- Previous experience working as a product manager in a business to business (B2B) environment.
- Motivated self-starter willing to take initiative.
- You have a passion for privacy and security.
- You have a technical background and/or one in risk and compliance.
- Experience in and familiarity with technical project management approaches.
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university
While you don’t need to be a developer, skills or knowledge in these areas will be helpful.
- Agile development and ability to document both in code and through external documentation
- CSS and good design skills (use of JQuery UI & Bootstrap)
- WCAG – Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
- Server-side development, secure coding practices
- WordPress Plugin Development
- Background or passion for security/privacy a strong plus
- Background in math/statistics/probability a plus
Please email your resume and a cover letter to “JzeroB at enterprivacy.com” addressing the following questions
- What experience do you have in B2B product management?
- Describe any passion you have for privacy/security
- How would you rate your mathematics skills?
Privacy Notice: Your information will be deleted within 3 months of a hiring decision. This will allow us to contact past applicants in the case of a hired applicant not working out.